Fraser Valley Trainer
Amelia Kellum is a certified professional dog trainer with 15 years of experience training dogs ranging from advanced obedience and behaviour modification to training working dogs including hunting, acting, and assistance dogs such as hearing, therapy, guide, and service.
Amelia counts many of the best trainers in her expansive list of mentors, including:
- The founder of Canine Companions for Independence, Dr. Bonnita Bergin.
- Head trainer of the San Francisco Hearing dog program, Glenn Martyn, former head trainer of the Guide Dogs for the Blind program in San Rafael, California.
- Georgina Bradley, ‘Top Dog’ at DogStars, an animal talent agency that specializes in dogs for acting and entertainment.
- Kyra Sundance of Do More With Your Dog
Her extensive training experience includes training service dogs for Pacific Assistance Dogs Society and West Coast Assistance Teams in Burnaby, B.C. where she taught dogs to help people with disabilities such as paralysis, Multiple Sclerosis and Cerebral Palsy.
She has also taught pet dogs like yours privately and in group settings for companies like Petcetera, earning certification as a group class instructor with Animal Behavioural Training Associates in 2005.
Now you too can earn your trick dog titles just like her dog, Douglas – a trick dog champion.
Amelia can teach a dog to do pretty much anything:
- Want your dog to win a trick competition or learn something special to help, amaze or just amuse?
- How about jumping over your head, getting a beer from the fridge, picking up laundry and then turning out the lights?
- Want your dog to quit pulling on the leash and start picking it up and handing it to you nicely?
This is your kind of trainer.
Certified in Pet First Aid by DogSafe and taught by Dr. Anne Stark DVM as part of her schooling at Bergin University in canine health, Amelia has cared for fleets of up to 150 dogs, capable of anything from administering basic medical care to whelping litters (including providing amazing training IN the whelping box!).
Amelia is also a knowledge-assessed trainer certified through the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers.
Amelia’s training methods are fun, fast-paced, and hugely rewarding for dogs and owners alike.
She will help you to see your dog as she does; capable of absolutely anything.
“Amelia exceeded our expectations. Carmel learned so fast and we enjoyed her trained behaviour.” – Owner of Carmel, Duck Tolling Retriever
“Amelia is very gifted with dogs and incredibly patient with humans.” – Owner of Orca, Chow Chow