Class starts soon! Beginner’s obedience training for dogs of all ages and their best friends begins November 2, 6:30pm in Hope, BC.
Did your dog miss out on Puppy Class? Perhaps you rescued an older puppy or dog and need to start at ‘sit.’ Maybe your dog just needs extra practice focusing on you when other dogs are nearby. It’s time to book your dog’s first group obedience training experience. Dog training should be a fun, positive, rewarding experience for you and your best friend. Come learn to handle your dog, while your dog learns to handle the excitement and distractions that come with a group setting.
Find out all the details HERE and sign up by contacting the Rec Centre: 604-869-2304
Turn your dog around! The Wag The Dog leadership program focuses on helping your dog control impulsive behaviour, focus on you, and become the helpful best friend you have always dreamed of having.
Certified Trainer Amelia Kellum will help you get your dog’s attention, earn your dog’s respect, and get your dog working for you with fun, positive, science-based training methods that will help build your dog’s self control while strengthening your bond.
At Obedience Level 1, your dog will learn:
- How to control impulses
- How to ignore distractions
- How to walk nicely on leash
- How to greet people and other dogs politely
- How to come when called
- How to hold a stay command
- Cool and helpful tricks to focus energy into positive outlets
Meanwhile, you and your family will learn:
- How to give commands effectively
- How to use training equipment like leashes and clickers
- How to motivate your dog to work for you
- How to deal with distractions
- How to get the behaviour you want from your dog
- How to have fun with your dog for life!
Obedience graduates will also earn a lifetime discount on private training sessions from Wag The Dog.
$160 for 6 sessions.
Wednesdays at 6:30 pm
Starting November 2nd 2016